Fried potatoes with garlic is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the simplicity of potatoes with the bold flavors of garlic. It is a popular side dish that can complement a variety of main courses or even be enjoyed on its own as a tasty snack.
To prepare fried potatoes with garlic, you’ll need a few key ingredients: potatoes, garlic, oil, salt, and optionally, some additional spices or herbs for added flavor. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of oil (such as vegetable or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- Optional: paprika, black pepper, or herbs like rosemary or parsley for added flavor
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into evenly sized cubes or wedges. Rinse them under cold water to remove excess starch and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. If necessary, fry the potatoes in batches.
- Fry the potatoes until they turn golden brown and crispy on the outside, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. This process usually takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the potato pieces.
- While the potatoes are frying, prepare the garlic. Mince the cloves of garlic finely, ensuring that the pieces are relatively uniform in size.
- Once the potatoes are cooked to your desired crispiness, remove them from the pan using a slotted spoon or tongs and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- In a separate small pan, heat a teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook it until it becomes fragrant and lightly golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as it can quickly turn bitter.
- Once the garlic is cooked, add the fried potatoes back into the pan and toss them gently to coat them evenly with the garlic and oil mixture. Sprinkle salt (and any optional spices or herbs) over the potatoes to taste, and continue to toss them for a minute or two to ensure the flavors are well-distributed.
- Transfer the fried potatoes with garlic to a serving dish, and they are ready to be enjoyed! You can serve them as a side dish alongside your favorite meat or vegetable dishes, or simply as a standalone snack.
Fried potatoes with garlic are a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Some people like to add additional spices like paprika or black pepper for an extra kick of flavor. Others enjoy garnishing the dish with fresh herbs like rosemary or parsley to add a touch of freshness.
- Calories 480
- Total Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 220 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 71g
- Protein 5g
* 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice, but calorie needs vary.